Does anyone make noodles with their eggs to SELL??

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by toletiquesbysam, Oct 28, 2009.

1. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    My egg selling isn't going well, so thought, make homemade noodles and sell those?
    Anyone else do this??

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    If you have access to a commercial kitchen, this might go over well. Suggest you try some gourmet restaurants to see if they would let you be willing to use their kitchen...

Good luck! Sounds like fun, I love to make noodles for our home use.

Have a blessed day.

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I make noodles for our household but havne't sold them. I'm thinking about drying some & giving as holiday gifts.

Check out http://foodzie.com/.

4. msgenie516

msgenie516 The Happy Hen

May 16, 2008
    Nesconset, LI, NY
    Hi,

I also made noodles (delicious!) but have never sold them. I'm not that experienced with noodle making and it became a major project so with all the effort I put into it, I don't think I could ever get a high enough price to make it worthwhile! Good luck! [​IMG] Genie

5. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    oneof my chicken customers does. She buys layers from me becuase she uses 100 dozen eggs a week! They do really well with it obviously and they just moved to town last year!

6. RasMama

RasMama Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    how do you dry homemade noodles made with egg? I make noodles pretty frequently, and have wondered about how to dry & save, but thought that the dried noodles must be made without eggs because I figured the egg would go bad or something.

7. cindy leigh

cindy leigh Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2009
    I don't sell pasta, but here's how I make it- we like a high protein, low fat, high fiber pasta:

1 cup egg whites
    2 cups white whole wheat flour (King Arthur flour)
    2 cups multigrain flour (King Arthur)
    ~4 Tbsp Hi Maize fiber (King Arthur)
    1 tbsp water
    pinch salt
    1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)

Follow directions for Kitchen Aid stand mixer for making pasta. Use paddle to mix ingredients, will be dry and crumbly looking. REsist temptation to add water.
    Change to kneading hook and knead for a few minutes.
    Dump out on counter, wet hands, and knead by hand til it starts to come together. It will NOT be supple like bread dough, but that's OK.
    Break off golf ball size pieces and run thru pasta roller and cutter per directions.

Can add flavors. Add garlic and onion powder.

If using moist ingredients (like roasted garlic, tomato paste, pureed spinach, etc, decrease or eliminate water or add a tbsp extra flour. If it's too wet, it will shred) It's kind of counter-intuitive. If your dough starts to shred going thru the rollers, it does not need more water. It needs more flour. Dust the dough balls with floured hands before rolling. Also, if you're using whole wheat especially, it needs a bit of a rest after kneading. The whole grains will need a bit more moisture and time to absorb it.

I also use the above recipe for making pasta sheets for ravioli.

8. Big C

Big C J & C Farms

Dec 15, 2008
    Vernon Texas
    No, but we sell many dozens of eggs for that purpose.

9. doubled

doubled Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Madrid, New Mexico
    Quote:grandma hangs them EVERYWHERE. chair backs, counters, tables, she has one of those folden wooden clothes drying racks that most of them go on, but in a pinch, they go where they go.

she never sold them as noodles but there were many, many fund raisers for my high school and grade school that sold chicken and noodles made with grandma's egg noodles. so far as i know, no one ever got sick.

i still make batches and just dry them on the shower curtain rod over night. never been sick and they are SO good. [​IMG]:drool

for storage though, we always freeze them after they are dry...

10. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:grandma hangs them EVERYWHERE. chair backs, counters, tables, she has one of those folden wooden clothes drying racks that most of them go on, but in a pinch, they go where they go.

she never sold them as noodles but there were many, many fund raisers for my high school and grade school that sold chicken and noodles made with grandma's egg noodles. so far as i know, no one ever got sick.

i still make batches and just dry them on the shower curtain rod over night. never been sick and they are SO good. [​IMG]:drool

for storage though, we always freeze them after they are dry...

I'm going to make some tonight and let them dry and then on Friday (when everyone is back in the office) I'll bring in a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup with the noodles for them to try and then BUY!! That's the plan, hope it works!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by