Does Anyone Need Help Sexing A Chicken?

Frost Bird

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 5, 2014
I Am great at telling gender on Cochins, Polish And D'uccles! And I know a little bit on sexing silkies that 2-4 month old! And advice! :)

I'm not seeing any picture. If you can post a pic of the bird you'd like us to sex, we'd be happy to take a look at it for you. :eek:) If it's the bird in your avatar, based on what I can see of it, it looks like a pullet.

Last edited:
This is a diagram of sexing Cochins (Credit Goes To Maker)

Oh my chicken in my avatar is a Millie Fleur D'uccle! And yes! She is a pullet, my favorite of all my d'uccles :love

Oh my chicken in my avatar is a Millie Fleur D'uccle! And yes! She is a pullet, my favorite of all my d'uccles
love.gif

Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but I don't see any of the black and white splotches on her that are a part of the Mille Fleur color pattern. She appears to have all buff feathers in the photo.

Oh, that's because when I took the picture it was when she was a bit young! :p Incase you wanted to see her now I snapped a photo of her now! :D

Millie Fleur D'uccle (August 2015)

She's a stunning chicken to me!

Oh, that's because when I took the picture it was when she was a bit young!
tongue.png
Incase you wanted to see her now I snapped a photo of her now!
big_smile.png

Millie Fleur D'uccle (August 2015)

She's a stunning chicken to me!

Yep, she's definitely a gorgeous Mille Fleur D'Uccle. Thanks for posting the update pic. The only birds that I ever had that took first place in any poultry shows (the Hunt County Fair in Greenville, TX) were a Millie Fleur D'Uccle cockerel and pullet, both of which I purchased from Murray McMurray Hatchery. LOL! Who would have thought it? No one was more surprised than I was when they won best in show. It just goes to show that you never can tell for sure what quality of birds you are going to get from a hatchery. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom