Does anyone own a home gym?

SparksNV

Songster
9 Years
Jun 13, 2010
Spanish Springs, NV
Pros and cons of the gym you have at home. Looking at bowflex and bioforce vs one with weights. Used to be a gym rat - now my hours at work have changed and I want to get one for home so I can continue working out. Thanks!

We have had a bowflex for about 10 years. Still setting in the original spot, but they are good!!!!! The kid we got it from was in the military and he just didn't have need for it anymore, so we thought we would be 50 year old pumped grandpa and grandma, but didn't work out that way.
tongue.png
If you are close to Bond County, Illinois I will cheerfully sell it to you for $900 and we paid $1300 and the original owner paid right at $2000.

I went out and bought a home gym it sat there... i used it a few times but i found that i worked out more when i went to the gym.. at home it was yeah after this show.. or after i do this load of laundry.... or after------- (insert excuse here)

My best at-home-gym was a push mower. Works every muscle in your body-especially in varied terrain and you have a good lookin' yard!

we dont have a "home gym" so to speak, we own some kind of motorized exercise bike.... i forget the name. :barnieits in the basement alone. it has some dust on it.
lau.gif

i think some exercise equipment is nice if you have the space, and is used all the time. :idunnoThis stuff takes up too much space!
sad.png

My husband has the 4th bedroom downstairs set up as a home gym. He has a treadmill, weight bench, free weights, stair-stepper machine, chinning bar and gym mats. He mostly uses the gym mats and does the P90X workouts (TV and DVD player down there, too.)

I don't excercise but he's gotten much better results with his "home gym" than the years we belonged to the YMCA (and he did actually go the the Y and work out several times a week.)

I had a Total Gym. It was great, we used it more than we have even used a home gym. The only thing about it was we had nowhere to store it when not in use. It does fold up nicely to be put away, but we have a small house and just did not have that neat little area to tuck it away! Would fit nicely in a closet or under a bed, but we had it against a wall considering the closets and under beds were always full
roll.png

It was very easy to use, and REALLY worked the muscles. You'd think you weren't working very hard until the next day when you couldn't move some things that were moving fine before
lol.png
It is relatively inexpensive too in comparison to most. We enjoyed it. Only sold it because we were out of work and desperate for cash to keep the lights on at the time! I kinda miss it now
sad.png

Quote:
I ditto that! Use to go faithfully to the gym and work out everyday, once the youngest kid flew the coop, we spent a fortune to convert his old room into a gym................. I pass by the room everyday and look at it how beautifully we set it all up, never once used it, too easy I guess. We never go into the room to use the equipment, only the kids when they come over to visit.
hit.gif
I also think about all the other things we could of invested that money into................ like more chickens!
jumpy.gif

Bought an old Vitamaster treadmill at a garage sale for $25; best money I ever spent! Everything works and I use it while watching tv. I'd NEVER make it to the gym living out here in the stix.

Back
Top Bottom