Does anyone remember / have a picture of the Banty Shanty?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Greyscale Rainbow, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Greyscale Rainbow

Greyscale Rainbow Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2008
    Bristol, England
    I think this coop (and it's owner!) was around in 2003/4. Not, however, that I can remember for the life of me who built it. I would like to put a picture on my page as it was the coop that inspired mine. It looked not too dissimilar to this one:

[​IMG]

If anyone remembers, then I would love to know!
    TIA

2. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  3. Greyscale Rainbow

Greyscale Rainbow Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2008
    Bristol, England
    I just posted the pic above to say that it looked a bit similar, but it definitely isn't the same one [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  4. Yanna

Yanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Illinois
    Just noticing your tag line -

Seattle had its three-chicken-limit ordinance at least 15 years ago. We lived in a predominantly Orthodox Jewish neighborhood where many folks kept hens.

Interestingly, it was an Englishwoman down the street from us who really introduced us to the idea of chicken keeping; she had a small coop in her back yard. One day, my mother saw the hens out in her front yard pecking at the bugs in the vegetable garden and rushed over to tell her that her chickens were loose. The neighbor replied in the most marvelously posh way, "Oh, I ALWAYS let the girls out on Sunday!" [​IMG]

The seed was planted - here I am, 15 years later with my chicks!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by