1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does anyone remember?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by thechickenfarmer, May 18, 2007.

1. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    There's a website that you can order a small number of chicks. I read about it from a post here and thought I saved the info but can't find it now. I have two chicks that I'm looking for a few more for company. Thanks [​IMG] Jen

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    mypetchicken.com. But don't be fooled! You have to pay extra for a heater.

3. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
  4. Jsto

Jsto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    The heating pad (which is actually just one of those rubbing-activated packs one might use if working outside on a cold day) costs an extra $25. We went that route. To me it was worth it because I just cannot house 25 chickens. I did feel a bit cheated after I unloaded the chicks and found the dinky little "heating pad," though [​IMG] Still, it's nice to have the option of ordering only a few chicks.

5. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thanks, that was it. I'm still trying to find a couple of chicks locally but if not I might give it a try. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by