Does anyone sell Bantam eggs?

montana girl

Songster
12 Years
Aug 23, 2007
Kalispell, Montana
Hello everyone.

I have had a small flock of chickens for a couple of years. I currently have 3 large hens and one Bantam girlie. This year though I was going to get 6 more large breed egg layers and sell the eggs to the neighbors that are always asking for them. (I live in town)

Well, my husband wanted to cheer me up as I have been having a difficult recovery from surgery and went and bought my babies for me..... He purchased 8 bantams! I was distraught at first but didn't want to show it. He then went back and purchased two Plymouth Rocks standard.

My question is this... will I be able to sell the bantam eggs?
roll.png

Thanks so very much for your help!

Darlene

What a sweet gesture to do for you!
love.gif
Wish my DH would take an interest in my chickens, period.
barnie.gif

I'm sure you can find someone who will buy the eggs. Depending on what breed he got you, some bantams lay a decent sized egg. I have a frizzled cochin hen who's eggs are the same size as a small large fowl egg. Plus, the bantam eggs have more yolk, less white.

Good luck! And don't be too hasty...bantams grow on ya' once you've had them for a while. They eat MUCH less.

Thank you for your reply.

I do love them, and I was so thankful that he thought of me, and reading your post made me even more thankful.
smile.png

I guess I was just wondering what I was going to do with all the eggs lol. Thats almost a dozen a day? Yikes : ) Hopefully someone will want them. Maybe moms with little kids who want to make tiny eggs!

They are Dark Brahma's, Partridge Rocks and Birchens I believe.

Thanks again for your response!

Darlene

They ARE the perfect size for toddlers and children. Maybe you could market them that way.

If not, just boil them, crush them up shells and all, and feed them back to your flock. Super nutritious and good for them.
thumbsup.gif

I sell my banty eggs as well. I just had a guy buy a dozen to make deviled eggs for a party. They are bite sized!
It takes a little more marketing. I point out that due to their high yolk to white content they are perfect for omelets. They do make really sweet hardboiled eggs.
smile.png

Really? That is so funny!
lol.png

I was thinking I would just sell them for half the price of a standard dozen eggs.

When I cooking with them, is there any reccomendations that I can give to my buyers? Would it be 2 for 1 in recipes calling for eggs?

Thanks so much for your help!

My entire family gets my bantam eggs for eating and they prefer them to standard size eggs. I have also sold some for hatching. I bet the eggs will be a big hit, keep in mind their first few months of laying will result in really small eggs but once they mature they are a decent size, my tiny partridge rock hen lays HUGE eggs and so do the cochin girls

Back
Top Bottom