does anyone sell pullets in North Carolina?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Jost, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Jost

Jost Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    Hillsborough, NC
    I am starting my backyard flock and would prefer not to have chicks as a beginner. I am in Hillsborough, NC and am looking for gentle, good laying breeds. I am a bit nervous about starting with chicks..... thanks

2. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Not sure how far you want to drive....but Shook Poultry in Claremont has pullets that will be available in June. They also have a website. I have been eyeballing their add because I am afraid I have ended up with some roosters and will need to add some more girls, lol.

3. Jost

Jost Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    Hillsborough, NC
    thanks, that is 2 hours away, but would be worth the trip. I have saved the site to keep watch over what is available and when. I can't have roosters, so getting the older birds would be safer. Wonder if they have boxes to transport them home in? hmmm

4. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe something like a pet taxi(for dogs and cats)? it would keep the mess out of your vehicle.

5. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    There are quite a few members here that are in NC. I am in Morganton, almost 3 hours from you. If you were closer I have 23 seven week old pullets that are for sale for $5 each.

Matt

6. Jost

Jost Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    Hillsborough, NC
    Matt, thanks for the NCpoultry2 link, I just joined so maybe I can find someone closer to buy from. I am right next to Raleigh Durham, surely there is someone here....j

7. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by