does anyone sell pullets in North Carolina?

Jost

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I am starting my backyard flock and would prefer not to have chicks as a beginner. I am in Hillsborough, NC and am looking for gentle, good laying breeds. I am a bit nervous about starting with chicks..... thanks

Not sure how far you want to drive....but Shook Poultry in Claremont has pullets that will be available in June. They also have a website. I have been eyeballing their add because I am afraid I have ended up with some roosters and will need to add some more girls, lol.

thanks, that is 2 hours away, but would be worth the trip. I have saved the site to keep watch over what is available and when. I can't have roosters, so getting the older birds would be safer. Wonder if they have boxes to transport them home in? hmmm

There are quite a few members here that are in NC. I am in Morganton, almost 3 hours from you. If you were closer I have 23 seven week old pullets that are for sale for $5 each.

Matt

Matt, thanks for the NCpoultry2 link, I just joined so maybe I can find someone closer to buy from. I am right next to Raleigh Durham, surely there is someone here....j

Back
Top Bottom