Does anyone understand rooster??

chickengirlnm

Songster
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
clovis, new mexico
Every morning its the samething here -- i let my chickens out of the coop and they go running around like crazy,
my rooster Clyde chases the hens with both wings dragging rhe ground ,all puffed up, and when he gets close to one will jump kinda pull a head feather and than off to chase another one !! he is a banty and all but one hen is a standard size
If he just reminding them " I am the man around here?"
he is not trying to breed them, he is not hurting them and he normally stops after he has chased a few of them.
Just wondering what the little guy was trying to tell them.
He has never done this to me, but has done it to my DH once ( only charging at his foot - was to funny to watch this little roo trying to " scare " my DH )
oh well it seems Clyde finds new ways to confuse me but I love the little guy.

Julie

well i am sure he is not breeding anyone since this crew is only a few months old ( 4 months i think )
maybe he is just cranky in the morning LOL
i guess when i go out there to wake them up i will start bring him coffee

julie

He's reaffirming his dominance, reminding the hens who is boss, in case they forgot overnight!
lol.png

Mine do it too.

He is doing the mating dance, however he is just a little young to get the mating done.
Don't hold your breath to long though, cause the mating will follow the dance before long. The quality of the dance will improve also.... Gotta love those roo's!

bigzio

well BIGZIO i am thankful it is the dance of love but since he is dancing with girls that are bigger than him I am sure there will be no real mating or babies
hit.gif

but I am real bummed that he has done the dance of love toward my DH's foot and not to me - I am the one who takes of them LOL
oh well either way it sure is funny to watch him !!

Julie

Quote:
Hopefully that means he sees you as dominant to him and DH is just another conquest for him
yippiechickie.gif
let DH know your miniroo thinks DH is one of HIS hens

Back
Top Bottom