1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does Anyone Use Hubbard/KTA Feeds?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Robo, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I found a new quail feed that is almost the same price as scratch. I was wondering if anyone has heard of Hubbard Traditions Quail feed. The bag says KTA, but it is made by Hubbard's Tradition line.

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
  3. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    It says it is FDA approved for quail. It is medicated with the one that starts with a b. I forget what it is called.

4. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Coban Is The Drug

But Medicated Feed Is Not Intended For Continual Use And Can/ Will Be Harmful Long Term

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I agree with JJ ....big no no on medicated.

6. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Is Purina medicated? My feedstore called the mill and they told me that it was all medicated. I can't get non-medicated around here.

7. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    http://www.answers.com/topic/monensin-1

JUST
    A LITTLE LIGHT READING [​IMG]

PRIMARILY USED IN RUMINANTS. IT IS AN ANTIBIOTIC (THE HUBBARD WEBSITE IS MISLEADING IN STATING IT IS AN A COCCYXISTAT. WHILE IT WILL HELP CONTOL COCCYX IN CATTLE MOST COCCISTATS IN POULTRY ARE DESIGNED TO INTERFERE WITH THE COCCYXI'S NATURAL REPRODUCTION THIS LIMITS THE INFECTION AND ALLOWS THE HOST ANIMAL (QUAIL) TO FORM NATURAL ANTIBODIES TO BE ABLE TO ELIMINATE OR AT LEAST CONTROL COCCI INFECTION TO THE POINT WHERE IT DOES NOT THREATEN HARM TO THE BIRD. IT IS NOT FORMULATED FOR LONG TERM USE AND HAS SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS, UNLIKE AMPROLLIUM (WHICH ISNT APPROVED BY FDA) THIS STUFF CAN CAUSE MUCH BAD JUJU TO YOUR BIRDS HEALTH LONG TERM

8. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:UNFORTUNATELY ROBO THATS A REGIONAL PROBLEM WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED AND NOT A NEW DISCOVERY TO THIS FORUM. UNMEDICATED PURINA IS MADE AND SHOULD BE AVAILABLE IF YOU CAN GET ANYONE TO GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF ORDERING IT (UNLIKELY IN THE FEED STORE ARENA THESE DAYS)

I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO TRY SOUTHERN STATE'S BRAND?

9. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I tried to order it but then the store said that they are going to quit carrying it. They are trying to have more purina. This new store might be able to order it so I might do that.

10. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Check The Kent Feeds Website They Have A Dealer Locator And Make Both Kent Brand Feeds And Blueseal Feeds... Perhaps They Have A Dealor In Your Area And Can Offer Suitable Feed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by