does anyone use one of these for lockdown?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DirtCreature, Apr 15, 2012.

1. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

Well it sounds like the perfect way to maintain 70% humidity but, what's in the solution you have to use? The solution might not be good for chicks to breath.

Keep your cigar collection in "primo" shape with our XIKAR 50 Cigar Crystal Humidifier 816XI. The XIKAR 817XI will keep the humidity at 70% RH steady for up to 50 cigars.

So easy to use and keep recharged. Simply saturate the humidifier with XIKAR PG solution (DO NOT USE WATER OR DISTILLED WATER!). Keep an eye on the crystals - when they shrink to about half of their origianl size, just recharge with your PG Solution. Easy!

XIKAR 50 CigarCrystal Humidifiers Features:
    • Slow, steady release of constant humidity of 70%

2. DirtCreature

DirtCreature Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington

ok so thats pretty much what i was wondering... LOL.

I was telling my bf, check this out... but idk if you could even use this due to to the fact that it might be some sort of chemical reaction that makes the humidity stay high, and since the eggs are porus i didnt know if it could be used, thats kinda why i was asking.

It seems like since nobody was answering its a no! LOL. thanks. [​IMG]

3. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

It contains propylene glycol which is not really toxic. It might possibly work, guess someone would have to try it to know.

4. DirtCreature

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    hmmm, interesting... maybe i will have a hatch, and put 3-4 of the eggs into lockdown in another bator, and try it.

[​IMG]

5. DirtCreature

Aug 8, 2011
    Olympia, Washington
    I used to sell cigars, in a cigar shop for about 3 years... we had huge humidors filled with cigars, besides the normal system under the cupboard, we would also have these in on the shelves. well not this brand but... we did sell XiKar stuff....

maybe i will go through the file cabinet and see what all i can pull up from my notes from working there. idk if i even still have all my daily notes and paper work from back then. I kept pretty good track of stuff when i worked there, because if you ruined one humidor, it would cost the store A LOT of money....

I will try to find them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by