Does anyone use this incubator?

Oldhenhens

Songster
Jan 18, 2021
Central Missouri
I bought it on Amazon. It’s a Sailnovo 24 egg incubator. Auto turner. Auto counter. This is my first time to try to hatch eggs.
A9355D30-4D2B-4DDD-8153-9334C95CACC3.jpeg
I think it was a new offer on Amazon. I tried asking questions to Amazon’s and the seller. I don’t think they understand what I want to know. Once the chicks are ready to hatch I need to know how to remove the yellow cradles. I was hoping someone could explain how to. The documentation doesn’t tell me a thing. I’m only on day 4 so I still have lots of time. Thanks!

I bought it on Amazon. It’s a Sailnovo 24 egg incubator. Auto turner. Auto counter. This is my first time to try to hatch eggs. View attachment 2875361I think it was a new offer on Amazon. I tried asking questions to Amazon’s and the seller. I don’t think they understand what I want to know. Once the chicks are ready to hatch I need to know how to remove the yellow cradles. I was hoping someone could explain how to. The documentation doesn’t tell me a thing. I’m only on day 4 so I still have lots of time. Thanks!
It looks like the trays come out, but it's hard to tell from the sales video. You may have to manually remove the trays and set the eggs on the base ... but that grid looks big enough to trap little feet. Many of those Amazon sites are actually in non-English speaking countries and use auto-translators for correspondence. I'd try contacting the seller again, wording your question as simply as you can. "How do I remove the tray for hatching?" or "Do the trays come out before hatching?"

It looks like the trays come out, but it's hard to tell from the sales video. You may have to manually remove the trays and set the eggs on the base ... but that grid looks big enough to trap little feet. Many of those Amazon sites are actually in non-English speaking countries and use auto-translators for correspondence. I'd try contacting the seller again, wording your question as simply as you can. "How do I remove the tray for hatching?" or "Do the trays come out before hatching?"
7D9FFBCB-77C9-4BD5-BCAD-04509950607F.jpeg
E3EBBF4C-4CA9-4BF5-A97B-CDD330B5DEC0.jpeg

It’s difficult to see but there are small red and black wires connecting to the cradles. This morning I attempted to remove the empty cradle in front and it upset all of them causing one of my precious guinea eggs to fall out and crack. I’ve also had to throw out 5 eggs as they were too big and were pushing the lid up. Plus it seems to be super high humidity causing condensation. I poured out a bunch of water. Even the display is wet. Document did not indicate how much water to use. I thought this would be a good starter incubator. I already have a list of things I do not like about it. Thank you!

I have one very similar to this. To remove the turning tray lift the rows up/out from the one side first, then the other. You can't just take out one row. It doesn't take very big eggs, use average size chicken eggs.
Make sure to put another thermometer in with the eggs. My machine needs set to 38.5° to sit nicely at "actual" 37.5°.

I don't take the turning tray out to hatch.... The hatching tray is closer to the heating mechanism and the temp reading is not accurate (very common problem with this model!)! My first few hatches over heated at 42° even though the incubator temperature read 36°! Monitoring the temp with a seperate thermometer is essential! Place thermometer in middle of incubator, and keep eggs sitting together in middle of incubator (outer edges of incubator are cooler).
I had 100% hatch rate recently keeping eggs in the turner which maintained a stable temperature.
20211025_223538.jpg

Humidity- open the lid a little bit to get the Humidity down, or tilt the incubator sideways to drain water out the bottom
VideoCapture_20211025-224532.jpg

To reset the "day countdown" press the Reset button for about 10 seconds.

Any other question I'm happy to help 🙂 I have a manual too but all the questions you asked are not in there... do you know how to set your alarm parameters?

I have one very similar to this. To remove the turning tray lift the rows up/out from the one side first, then the other. You can't just take out one row. It doesn't take very big eggs, use average size chicken eggs.
Make sure to put another thermometer in with the eggs. My machine needs set to 38.5° to sit nicely at "actual" 37.5°.

I don't take the turning tray out to hatch.... The hatching tray is closer to the heating mechanism and the temp reading is not accurate (very common problem with this model!)! My first few hatches over heated at 42° even though the incubator temperature read 36°! Monitoring the temp with a seperate thermometer is essential! Place thermometer in middle of incubator, and keep eggs sitting together in middle of incubator (outer edges of incubator are cooler).
I had 100% hatch rate recently keeping eggs in the turner which maintained a stable temperature.View attachment 2877429
Humidity- open the lid a little bit to get the Humidity down, or tilt the incubator sideways to drain water out the bottomView attachment 2877431
Thank you so much!!!! It’s my first incubator and first hatch. I’m not happy with this incubator at all. I had to take out 5 eggs because too big. The book is almost useless. I’m so glad you said to leave the trays in. That makes sense.

Thank you so much!!!! It’s my first incubator and first hatch. I’m not happy with this incubator at all. I had to take out 5 eggs because too big. The book is almost useless. I’m so glad you said to leave the trays in. That makes sense.
You're welcome! Don't panic too much about the Humidity either. My levels fluctuate continually between 25% and 65% from day 1. As long as you have generally over 65% during the last 3 (lockdown) days you'll be fine. I spray a mist over the eggs during lockdown to really get that humidity as high as possible. I also squirt water directly into the water channels during lockdown. Gets the Humidity higher alot faster than using the external water inlet

Yes big learning curve. I’m definitely learning on the job here!! I may have to upgrade next time to a Brinsea automated incubator.
If you can afford the Brinsea, go for it. It's definitely a good choice. If you need to count pennie a little more tightly, look at the Harris Farms Nuture Right 360. You'll still need an extra humidity and temp checker, but it seems to be performing well for most people. Still, if you can afford the Brtinsea, do it!

Back
Top Bottom