1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does anyone work from home?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by andischickenfarm, Jul 17, 2007.

1. andischickenfarm

andischickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    I was wandering if any of you all have a job where you work from home? Like doing something on the computer, ect.? My mom's disabled and I have to help her at home.

Thanks,
    Andi

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    You might check into medical coding and billing. I know there are classes and a friend of mine does that from home.
    Good luck.

3. andischickenfarm

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Oh thanks! I appreciate it. [​IMG]

Andi

4. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Yup! eBay baby!!! [​IMG]

5. andischickenfarm

Jun 19, 2007
    N.E. Oklahoma
    I've tried selling stuff on Ebay, but I lost money instead of making anything. Either I priced it to cheap or it didn't sell. [​IMG]

Andi

6. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    eBay is a very fickle market; sometimes stuff I think will sell well doesn't and visa versa. And I am by no means getting rich doing it. [​IMG] But it's a great way to make some extra money while I'm trying to finish college. And I'll use eBay to sell fertile chicken eggs next year to support my chicken habit! [​IMG]

7. yearofthedog

yearofthedog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    I second the eBay suggestion!!!

I eBay'd while I stayed at home with my kids and still do a little. You have to research your product and track other auctions to see what sells and what doesn't(that's what I did anyhow). It's time consuming but it worked wonders for my sales. I've slowed down on eBay, but when I was neck deep into it, it was paying for my son's school(private at that!) tuition, home repairs and my own online buying habit! It was great and I'd recommend it to anyone!

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by