Does anywhere in Ohio carry Trader Joe's or Whole Foods fertile eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Loveoursilkies, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Loveoursilkies

Loveoursilkies Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    I found this very interesting and thought we'd keep trying to hatch, as the kids want to enjoy it and at least this would be cheap to try for us. Of course, we haven't had success yet, but we won't give up. Does anyone know if any stores in Ohio carry fertile eggs? We are in the Columbus area. Thanks,

2. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    Try here:

Trader Joe's Columbus (679)

3888 Townsfair Way
    Columbus, OH 43219
    614-473-0794

3. Loveoursilkies

Nov 21, 2012
    I called, the lady that answered thought I was nuts, that doesn't mean they don't have them, maybe I'll just stop. Thanks!

4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

It may take a drive and have a look yourself in the egg section for fertile eggs.

Happy hunting

5. chickmonk18

chickmonk18 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2012
    Rock Hill, SC
    For commercial selling I really don't think they would sell fertile eggs as that would lose them revenue.

6. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    LOVE....
    From what i have read here i think ppl just get the regular eating eggs and try and hatch and then get maybe one or 2 from them.dont think they have fertile per se
    Try Ebay Classified in your town or Craigs or facebook chicken swap in your state. Someone wlll have some i am sure.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  7. Loveoursilkies

Nov 21, 2012
    Yes, 100% they carry fertile eggs, but, not in Ohio, corporate answered me, many other states do. Read about the tons of people on here who buy them for $1.99 for a dozen and hatch them, the box says fertile on it. The corporate said they'll send the email to my local Trader Joes and maybe they'll carry them! Would love to hatch for $1.99.

8. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Try your local farm market stores as well. We have a cheese factory near me that sells free-range eggs & they happen to have roos running in the mix so eggs are fertile.

9. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

Gosh Darn it!

I paid $2.99 at my trader joes. A bargain at 5 bucks if they hatch.

They are white Hy-line covered with a production red rooster according to CHino Valley Ranchers - the supplier for SoCal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by