1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

does blood in the eggs mean i have a rooster?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by the-bird-man, Apr 3, 2011.

1. the-bird-man

the-bird-man Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    land of the sun
    hey all. my girls were hatched on oct 19th 2010. i have easter eggers, black stars and leghorns. well we have had some bloody eggs and my dad said that means we have a roo. is this true? god i hope its not because i love my girls so much! if we do have a roo i am sure it is a leghorn, 3 out of the 4 leghorns are laying. i am fairly new to chickens but my dad did keep them as a kid about 40 years ago. so what do you think? i would post pictures but i cant find my camera. i will be so heart broken if i have to give up one of my girls [​IMG]

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
  3. the-bird-man

the-bird-man Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    land of the sun
    Quote:thank you so much ridgerunner! that makes me feel sooooooo much better! so what would a fertile egg look like? once again thank you [​IMG]

4. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Quote:thank you so much ridgerunner! that makes me feel sooooooo much better! so what would a fertile egg look like? once again thank you [​IMG]

A Fertile egg has a tiny white dot on the yoke with a white ring around it. All eggs have the white spot, but if it's fertile it looks like a bulls eye.

5. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
  6. alcap

alcap Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Great link ridge runner ! This is just a wonderful website filled with great people . I'm proud to be a part of it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by