Does Holderread sell sexed ducklings?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by HouseMouseHens, Mar 15, 2013.

1. HouseMouseHens

HouseMouseHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    My Coop
    Hi there, newbie with a question. I put in an order for four straight run Anconas from a local Breeder here in the Portland area (Boondockers for those of you who are around here) which hatch around the 15th. I am also wanting one each of a Silver Welsh Harlequin, Kahki Campbell, and Silver Appleyard, and just realized that Holderreads is local to me(well, within an hour drive or so) and so I could do a pickup order without having to order ten ducklings for shipping. But I am wondering if they sex ducklings at all... I don't want to buy a bunch I don't plan on keeping and I don't want to go the route of having drakes so I really want to get sexed females. I found a local feed store that has Kahkis and Welsh sexed, but I don't think they have the appleyards, and they are such gorgeous birds!
    I plan on calling them tomorrow to inquire, but I was wondering if anyone on here knew anything. :)

2. newgoosegal

newgoosegal Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    I don't think they do- but email them to check, maybe they sell adults after the breeding season is over, probably not right now though.

3. Tiffanypdx

Tiffanypdx Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2013
    HouseMouse which feed store did you find with sexed Welsh? I'm looking to get a female as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by