Does it come in 3's? Sympathy Sought at my Pity Party

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FlockEweFarm, Sep 10, 2008.

1. FlockEweFarm

FlockEweFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    It has been the week from heck!! My ex-husband was admitted to the hospital on Sunday for Pnuemonia, (after being sick and grumpy and hateful for the past two weeks), so that gave me a few hours to get a major paper done for one of my classes. He will be off work for at least a week at the worst possible time for us, and it will put us a mortgage payment behind.
    He got released yesterday, and I went to pick him up and his medication cost close to $100.00!
    My left eye has been bugging me for a week or two, I had a stye on the lower lid a while ago, and it went away, but then something started in the upper area of my lid, and no matter how far I rolled the lid I could not see anything, so I just chalked it up to maybe getting hair in my eye or straw, but when I got up yesterday, my eye was swollen almost shut and I could not see out of my left eye! I saw and opthamologist who told me to put drops in it and if it wasnt better in a week, I should come back!
    Last night, the idiot bird dog managed to corner a skunk in the yard. She chased it over by Earl, my hound dog and they both got sprayed, and then she grabbed it and drug it under my house to worry it a little bit in private, but the problem was, it wasnt dead! It sprayed and sprayed and sprayed and she came running out from under the house squealing and barking and slinging slobber all over the place, and Earl was baying and slobbering and the goats were fussing and the Keets were going off like nobodies business. The ex started griping at me, telling me that I needed to deal with the animals and get things quieted down before the kids got woke up, but of course I cant catch the bird dog unless I rope her, and it was pouring rain and I can't rope in the rain and the dark that good, so I had to get my 12 year old to help me. We were out until 0100 trying to catch dogs and scare the skunk out of the yard, but the skunk wouldnt budge out from under the house, so I just had to let it be until it decided to leave on its own. Everyones clothes reek of skunk funk, and my dogs smell hideousas well, when I go out in public, people look at me like I got popped in the eye by my ex, so everyone gives me the third degree about it, and now, to top it off, my lower back has flared up again, and I need to get my facet injections re-done!! [​IMG] SO its pity party time! I just keep trying to stay positive and be glad that my kids are healthy and that I am blessed to be alive...sort of, and that all of my chooks are doing good.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    :aww

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Wow that is BAD!

Heads up and things will get better. Yours is badder than mine!

:aww

4. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    WOW! So much!!! [​IMG]
    You must be one tough chick to make it through all that! Bless you!

5. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    You sure don't need any more than that! Sending healing positive thoughts (and pitY [​IMG] ) your way.

6. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

7. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    If you could set that to music you could make a million $$$ as a country music star! [​IMG]
    Hope everything is looking better soon and you all smell better!
    Hang in there , we'll all be cheering for you!

8. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    OK...that is just WAY too much for one person to have happen all at once. [​IMG]

You sound very run down from it all, too. I hope your eye improves quickly....and your husband improves, too. :aww

Yes, it's really hard to "count your blessings" at times like you are going through...but you did it anyway! You should be proud of yourself for that.

Take care of yourself, too! And what a great child you have to help you like that, too. Phew....a SKUNK??!! That just beats all.......

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hugs and some chocolate!

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by