Does it ever get any easier?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by RedHead, May 9, 2009.

1. RedHead

RedHead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    After I had to cull the babies yesterday I just wasn't able to sleep, kept waking up. So right now I'm running off of a total of 7hrs maybe between yesterday and today... Don't mind me if I'm a little bit morbid here, but this is just depressing. Every time I shut my eyes last night, I'd see that little one just struggling and trying so hard. He wanted to live but he was suffering so bad. He kept looking at me and cheeping as if to say, 'help me' and the only thing I could do is put him out of his misery. I know I did the right thing, but why the heck does this have to hurt so bad. I didn't even eat anything yesterday and I'm not hungry today either. I'm not trying to depress anyone with this rant, if I do I'm sorry.. As of late, yall are about the only friends I have that I talk to, aside from my best friend in WA state and my hubby. And even then..I'm alone most of the time now and taking care of all the critters and the house keeps me occupied, so that I really don't mind that much. I reckon I just needed to get some of it out right now, thank you for listening..
    Cassandra

2. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I understand what you mean [​IMG] I think we all have to face this at some point, though it's never easy! I too find this board the only place to go to at times! [​IMG]

3. RedHead

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    Thank you [​IMG]

4. okiron

okiron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    If you ever want to ramble, you can message me [​IMG]

I've never dealt with chickens but I do have experience in rabbits and rats. It never gets easier for me, hence why I only have 1 rabbit right now. Every couple years I have to take a break.

5. DiVon80

DiVon80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    Don't beat youself up over this! This is all part of animals. There will be a lot of joy also. I get like that-I keep seeing it. BUT, Think of the good things whenever it comes to you go to the healthy ones. Think of the future ones. After living thru Katrina-we all still suffer from the memory part. Can't remember what we said or did 2 minutes ago but, yet these memories never leave. My friend says what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. About a month after "K" my dogs began just dropping dead, my vet said its just pure shock.. We had many animals and we did not leave. We stayed with our elderly neighbor. Forge forward you can do it..!![​IMG] [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It hurts every time, but that is what we take on when we decide to keep chickens. Even though it's a responsible chicken owner's duty to relieve suffering when there's no hope, it never, ever gets easier for us. [​IMG] As was stated, there is far more joy and satisfaction than pain and suffering, at least for most of us.

7. RedHead

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    Thank You all [​IMG] I don't know what I'd do without you guys and I mean that whole heartedly. Hubby tried cheering me up last night, kind of took a humerus stand point and tried making me laugh but he kinda failed miserably I think I almost slapped him lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by