Does it make any sense that my thyroid meds are MORE expensive

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
WITH insurance?
Yep... my meds were cheaper when i had no insurance...
hu.gif

Nuts!
hmm.png

Of course it makes sense, when the drug makers and Pharmacy knows a Ins carrier is flipping the bill they don't question the increase in price, they just pass that cost onto the person actualy paying the premiums. Unfortunately it's the way of capitalism and the world.

That certainly would be frustrating. It might be because the drug manufacturer gives a price break to under-insured people.
I've been dealing with the mail order pharmacy this am.
barnie.gif

They told me to use the on-line service. I told them that the website does not recognise me. Says "I do not exist".
She said use my name. ???

Imp- Guess I shouldn't use my shoe size.
roll.png

Oh impy I can't stand the mail order pharmacy. They wanted to have us set up for them to automatically charge our bank account. Wrong answer. I am not giving them that much power. I don't always use the same account to pay for our medications. So we had to mail them a check because if we would have paid online they would have set it up for automatic withdrawal for any future prescriptions or refills. They are extremely slow and don't train their customer service employees very well either. So why on earth would I let them decide when and how to take money from me?

Quote:
Well phooey!
hmm.png

I know it really stinks......................... one day I was at the pharmacy picking up a whole sackfull of different meds all for the DW & DD, I don't take any med's yet, I think I had maybe 10 different perscriptions in my bag. And this lady next to me was horrified that I only pay $3.00 per script for a 90 day supply, my bill was like 30 or $35.00 bucks, she on the othe hand only had 3 perscriptions and it cost her over $200.00 for a 30 day supply. So I feel for those who don't have good Ins for their needed scripts, I know it can be tough to budget when you have a large medical list.

Last edited:
Quote:
So true, they kept asking for bank info for auto deduct. I just laughed, no way.
I also thought the operator sounded very demeaning, but choose to ignore it.
I avoided signing up with the mail order for years, but they stopped paying for as much at the retail pharmacy. It will save me about 30%.
This mornings conversations have me a bit worried, so I'll stash a few pills.
hmm.png

redhen wrote

They probably know you as Imp there too....

Well they don't know my name
gig.gif

ETA- btw it is Medco​

Last edited:
I have insurance and when I picked up my refill today it was 64 cents for 30 pills. I am still in the process of getting my levels right. Just had most of my thyroid taken out in July. If only I could get my dogs thyroid pills under my insurance. His 45 day supply costs $32. He takes a much higher dose than I do.

I wonder why yours would be more expensive with your insurance. Could they have made a mistake?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom