Does McMurray

CluckyJay

Songster
8 Years
Feb 23, 2011
Crossville, Tennessee
Does McMurray Hatchery email you when they ship your birds? I was thinking they probably do, but wanna know for sure. Thanks!
smile.png

Well I am a bit confused about when mine are to arrive.
hu.gif
The emails says "*Your poultry will be delivered Sunday March 13, 2011 - Wednesday March 16, 2011."

Does that mean shipped on Sunday and then they arrive on Wednesday?

Thank you.
smile.png

I think they ship Saturday evening because I have gotton chicks from them on Sunday. Our big mail sorting facility is only 15 min away and they actually called from there for me to come over Sunday morning to pick up. Another time they got sent to our local PO, 1 mile away, and I picked up there on Monday. Depends on how far away you live.

I believe they mean that your chicks could arrive as early as Sunday or as late as Wednesday, so plan accordingly. I think you can call them on Monday to make sure but I don't think they will promise you an exact day of their arrival. You may be able to learn from them which postal center they'll be delivered to. Otherwise, contact your local post office. They should know, based on your ZIP code, where your live shipments will be delivered. I like to call my center and let them know that I'm expecting a live shipment, and to make sure they have all my contact numbers to call.

It's fun to get That Phone Call and know what it is before anyone ever says "hello", I can already hear the sounds of my chickies or duckies peeping in the background as soon as I pick up the phone.

No they don't email when they ship. The dates you pick will be when they are delivered depending on distance to your PO from their shipping point. Mine in NYS generally showed up on Monday. Just make sure your local PO is alerted that they are coming and that you'd prefer to pick them up. Your phone # will be on the mailing box so they can call you. Just hope that whomever you talk to in the PO is on the ball.

I believe MMM ships out on Saturday evening and I got a call from our mail hub at 9:30 am Sunday which happens to be 15 minutes away to pick them up if I wanted to or they could ship them to my local PO. DUH! Went right over and the gentleman had all the chick boxes in a big canvas tote in a heated room. Love my PO!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom