Does my baby easter egger have marek's??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by undine, Aug 18, 2013.

1. undine

undine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Ever since 2 nights ago.. she has been chirping constantly. She would sometimes stand on one place for a short while and close her eyes while chirping. She has another buddy with her in the brooder with heat,food, and water provided. If it helps, i can post a video.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    More information would be helpful--age, any problems with legs or moving about, eyesight problems, etc. Many times when chicks stand and chirp, they are cold. Check to make sure she isn't too cold, too hot. check for pasty butt, and dip her beak in the water and food, so she knows how to eat and drink.

3. undine

Jun 3, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Her legs seem to be working just fine, and so is her eyesight. She's pretty warm(so im assuming shes neither hot or cold? lol), and doesnt have a pasty butt. She drinks, and eat just fine too. Her little roommate..a baby silkie thats abuot the same days old and like 2x smaller than she, is waaay active than her. She does run around though, but when she gets into her cheeping mode, there is no end and she just stands still and walks around cheeping.

4. undine

Jun 3, 2013
    Los Angeles

5. undine

Jun 3, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Also..The 9 chickens that i already have are already vaccinated for marek's, but these 2 chicks arent. Is it even safe for them to be near the other chickens because they arent vaccinated?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by