Does my Barred Rock have a genetic problem?

JT_Chicks

Chirping
Mar 5, 2021
I hatched out a Barred Rock from Meyer Hatchery a year ago and now I am hatching his chicks. He is healthy and stuff but he brings his legs really high when he steps. We got some other eggs from Meyer Hatchery with him and all of them had leg problems. I incubated a few eggs from him and one seemed to have leg problems too. It’s like she can’t balance but she is happy and eats and drinks she also is growing at the right rate. I hatched out 2 more and my grandpa wanted them so I gave them to him a day later they died. Does he have something wrong with him that he keeps passing on?

I hatched out a Barred Rock from Meyer Hatchery a year ago and now I am hatching his chicks. He is healthy and stuff but he brings his legs really high when he steps. We got some other eggs from Meyer Hatchery with him and all of them had leg problems. I incubated a few eggs from him and one seemed to have leg problems too. It’s like she can’t balance but she is happy and eats and drinks she also is growing at the right rate. I hatched out 2 more and my grandpa wanted them so I gave them to him a day later they died. Does he have something wrong with him that he keeps passing on?
When did this start?

I went out there to take a video and he stopped high stepping do you think it was because it was cold and now it’s warm? His chick is doing better to I think it needed to be moved out.

The chicks never high stepped they were just wobbly til I moved them outside but they are better so I think it was the cold for the rooster and maybe shavings

Back
Top Bottom