Does my chick have spayed legs? D:

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DUCKGIRL89, Dec 7, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I hatched two orpington chicks (a black, and a splash) and I think my splash has spayed legs [​IMG] please I need all the advice I can get [​IMG] heres a pic. (BYW shes only a few hours old so maybe we can still help her)
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance!

2. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Yes, do a search for Splayed legs, the fix is fairly easy but doesn't always work. The sooner the better, though. I fixed 3 out of the 4 I have ever had. One didn't make it but I think it had other issues.

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Thank you so much [​IMG] can she be in the bator with the stuss on her legs?

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Thanks! I just put braces on him/her and she is doing SO much better. Pulled the braces so her legs are at the right spot. Also another one hatched and is having the same problem. Gonna put some on him as well [​IMG]

5. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:Thanks! I just put braces on him/her and she is doing SO much better. Pulled the braces so her legs are at the right spot. Also another one hatched and is having the same problem. Gonna put some on him as well [​IMG]

Oh that made me smile with joy. There is nothing so sad as a little chick who can't walk.

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN

Oh that made me smile with joy. There is nothing so sad as a little chick who can't walk.

No there isnt. I was afraid I was gonna end up having a cripled chick. [​IMG] another one of the chicks has it to, but both are doing batter and are running a playing in their bator [​IMG] heres a pic of the splashes braces.
    [​IMG]
    Hahahaha. My chick has braces [​IMG] how did I do? I did the same with the blue orp chick.

7. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:Oh that made me smile with joy. There is nothing so sad as a little chick who can't walk.

No there isnt. I was afraid I was gonna end up having a cripled chick. [​IMG] another one of the chicks has it to, but both are doing batter and are running a playing in their bator [​IMG] heres a pic of the splashes braces.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89286_2011-12-07_223050.jpg
    Hahahaha. My chick has braces [​IMG] how did I do? I did the same with the blue orp chick.

Awww that is so nice they are running. [​IMG] You did a nice job!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:No there isnt. I was afraid I was gonna end up having a cripled chick. [​IMG] another one of the chicks has it to, but both are doing batter and are running a playing in their bator [​IMG] heres a pic of the splashes braces.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/89286_2011-12-07_223050.jpg

Awww that is so nice they are running. [​IMG] You did a nice job!

Thank you [​IMG] all the babies are out and hatched now. Kinda sad that I had three with spayed legs though [​IMG] but all is well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by