Does my dogs mouth hurt how can I tell

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
Hi I have a dog that has gingivitis and I want to take him for a teeth cleaning next mouth that's the next time they do it and his breath is very bad his teeth are getting pretty bad two teeth you can see under the gum I did not really know he had gingivitis but when started to see the signs I took him to the vet and when I look at his teeth he's paws at me and does not like it but he does not like his paws being touched ether so I was wondering what are the signs of a dogs mouth hurting. Thanks. Oh and here he is his name is einstein 20180816_152601.jpg

From my experience if they have trouble eating kibble , take really long to eat it, or if they have bad breath . Those are signs , it’s really hard to tell if he won’t let you look at his teeth .

There are no foods or treats that will clean teeth only brushing them helps

Good luck with your little cutie ❤️

Dogs hide pain well. It's an instinct. I've had my old dogs teeth cleaned yearly for the past 3 years, and the other as necessary. If their mouth stinks it needs a dental. Even slightly bad teeth can greatly affect your dogs health and well being.

Ever since I started getting my old dogs teeth tended to on a yearly basis she's been more active and happy. The bacteria from the teeth can cause dogs to feel sick. It can damage their kidneys and heart, and shorten their lives.

Definitely get your little adorable dogs teeth cleaned, and have whatever else needs tending done too while they are in there. Some need teeth pulled or epilis removed. A few days after the teeth cleaning your dog will be feeling much better.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone I have one more question the vet that I have been taking him to is a very good vet and once a mouth they have a moilbe vet and that is where they do all there spay and neuter and teeth cleanings the vet is a hour away but it's the best vet that is around me so after he has his teeth cleaned and he wakes up will he be able to do the drive home he gets a little car sick but will he be ok for the drive home

Since you need to withhold food before taking your dog in he shouldn't have anything in his stomach to throw up though bile is always possible.

I would take a crate to keep him in on the drive home with some old towels. He will be very groggy for a few hours afterwards and probably won't be himself again until the next day. You will want him in a crate or at least someone to sit by him in case he wakes up and tries to move while you are driving.

Back
Top Bottom