Does my duck have an eye infection?

roxannesdelilah

Hatching
Aug 2, 2019
Hi guys, does it look like my pekin duck has an eye infection? It has been like this for a while, a bit pink and a little bit gooey as well. She seems to be able to see quite well and doesn’t seem bothered at all.
Please advise if it looks dodgy and I will take her to a bird clinic. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• C46FB345-5BB1-4EA5-B4C1-55820A8447DA.jpeg
    C46FB345-5BB1-4EA5-B4C1-55820A8447DA.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 12
I am not familiar with ducks, but you can also postbon the duck forum, listed under Forums above. Does your duck have access to water to rinse it’s face? Are there any other symptoms that might be from a respiratory infection, such as sneeze or cough, or nasal drainage. I am not sure that you can get antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment in the UK without a prescription. Sometimes cleaning the eyes with saline eye wash, and application of antibiotic ointment twice a day are helpful. @Miss Lydia is very helpful with duck problems.

I think the chances of her having a respiratory infection are extremely likely. I had her on my lap last night and noticed she had labored breathing, something I did not notice before. She sneezes quite a bit. She does leak water from her nostrils but has been doing this for quite some time, without the other symptoms. I put some apple cider vinegar in her water and will monitor her for the time being ..

Back
Top Bottom