Does my girl have the flu? :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Cluckington, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Cluckington

Cluckington Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    One of my sweet hens didn't get out of bed this morning. She's very lethargic, and won't eat or drink. She has bad breath and I can hear a slight gurgle when she breathes. She just wants to be cuddled. Yesterday I noticed that she went straight to the drinking fountain when she woke up, and stayed there drinking for the longest time!! I also noticed for the first time, the smell of ammonia in the run. We're having a heat wave here, and a few days ago I decided to soak the ground with water in an attempt to give the girls a cool place to scratch. But the next morning, it was absolutely infested with flies and super stinky. The coop isn't so bad, I recently did a bleach wash and there's new bedding (first time trying pine shavings). OMG, she's so pathetic, I'll upload a picture of my darling. Please, if anyone can help me, I'd be so grateful.
  2. Txchicky

Txchicky Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2013
    Maybe coryza?? I can't remember about the smelly breath part. Hopefully someone will answer soon. Good luck
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by