Does my GLW have a Guinea gene?

BubbaLikesIt

Songster
Feb 9, 2013

I have a GLW pullet with a rump tail. Her egg song sounds like she is from the jungles in Africa. I will post photos tomorrow because I am away at the moment. This chicken is only slightly smaller than the other GLW but looks like a Guinea kinda sorta.

Last edited:
It's not genetically impossible that you have the offspring of a chicken and a guinea, but it's highly unlikely as such crosses are extremely rare. It's more likely that your GLW pullet just has some kind of genetic anomaly or deformity. Just post a pic of your pullet and we will be happy to take a look at her for you. :eek:)

It's not genetically impossible that you have the offspring of a chicken and a guinea, but it's highly unlikely as such crosses are extremely rare. It's more likely that your GLW pullet just has some kind of genetic anomaly or deformity. Just post a pic of your pullet and we will be happy to take a look at her for you. :eek:)
x2

X3

X4

I would agree, but also add that for this to be possible it would have to have a guinea parent, as the guinea-chicken crosses are infertile. If this was possible in your situation then I suppose it's a possibility, albeit unlikely.

She looks pure to me. Some chickens just have weird voices, my favorite bantam that died last winter had the weirdest clucking/squeaking sound, and my sisters bantam hen has the weirdest screaming, which was her normal sound, she screamed instead of clucked.

Those photos are of two chickens. The first four is the rump tail and the next four are the "normal" GLW.

Back
Top Bottom