Does My Pet Chicken eggs have good hatch rate???????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by trunkman, Jan 29, 2011.

1. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    I'm ready to buy hatching eggs from My Pet Chicken and was wondering if the hatch rate from their eggs are good. At 20 dollars a dozen I want a good hatch rate. Has anyone on here ever bought hatching eggs from them and what was your hatch rate? Or should I just purchase chicks?? Thanks in advance for any feedback. [​IMG]

2. Chicken0Boy

Chicken0Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

I personally think you should buy them directly from a hatchery or breeder. MPC just gets all of their stuff from hatcheries. Just my 2.0. [​IMG]

3. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    You would be better off purchasing chicks. That would at least give you a better alive/dead ratio, I suppose...[​IMG]

4. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    [​IMG]

I would LOVE to know the answer too. I keep eyeballing their Blue Ameraucana eggs... 6 for $25...

5. krng

krng New Egg

May 3, 2011
    I ordered this year 24 egg assortment for my science class to incubate because I wanted some different breeds. I had the worst hatching I have ever had nly 9 hatched. I had the students open the eggs and only 3 died at the 2 week mark and the rest were not fertilized. I would buy hatching eggs through another source I have had a great success with gabbardhatchingeggs and McMurray but they don't have a big assortment.

6. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Quote:after incubating its hard to 'see the mark' I would have complained to MPC.

(any) Shipped eggs often only/seem to get- get a 50% hatch and that's considered 'good'

Pick the closest fertile egg source to you and drive or ship. If you are doing an embryology study, otherwise do the same and get chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by