1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does n e one ship small amounts of eggs? IN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by horsechick, Dec 30, 2007.

1. horsechick

horsechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Hi,
    We recently received a small incubator for the kids, we thought they might like to use in their classrooms this spring for learning, if their teachers would like to use as well.
    Just wondered if anyone shipped small quantities of eggs, so we wouldn't have to waste eggs.
    Thank you!

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    How many eggs do you need? You didnt get that little yellow dome thing did you? I could ship you some buff orpingtin eggs.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  3. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    where are you at looking for just a couple eggs??

check the buy/sell/trade plenty sell 1/2 doz at a time. if that is too many still contact seller, the postage on 2 would probably be about the same as for 1/2 doz, so it would drive the per egg cost higher

4. horsechick

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Quote:Yes, the kids did from a family member for christmas, since the kids have the fever now too, I guess they thought it'd be a neat idea.

I would have to get 6 eggs, then only be able to fit 2 and waste the other 6.
    Unless we waited until we get our silkies and wait for them to go broody, maybe we could get 6 eggs, and slip them the ones we don't try to hatch, so we don't "kill" any eggs unnecessarily?
    Thx

5. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    if you want to give it a try go ahead, but those incubators are not very good, you might spend 21 days with you life devoted to those eggs an not have any hatch. You would be much better building your own incubator. where do you live?

6. horsechick

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    Eaton, Ohio.
    Well, That's a bummer to hear, they are really excited about it.

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] (just teasing you!!)

8. horsechick

Nov 14, 2007
    Eaton, Ohio
    sorry...get 6, use 2, waste 4.
    better?
    Thx

9. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I can send you a few bantam eggs, you can fit more in. I have Old English Game Bantams, Porcelain and Mille Fluer. That way you have a better chance of getting at least two to hatch so you dont end up with just one chick.

I have button quail also, but they arent laying yet.

10. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Well i can ship you eggs. You dont live very far from me, i live near bowling green, ohio. The shorter the eggs have to travel, the more likely they are to hatch. I have buff orpingtons, and Buff orpington light brahma mix. The mix is a sex link so you will know what you have when one hatches. I really like the mix they are super friendly, and all of mine have feathered feet (it could be adominate gene) Are you sure the bator only holds two egs, you might be able to fit three. you could make your own cheap little incubator and put the remaining eggs it it just for better luck so you dont end up with nothing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by