Does no one own/breed turkens??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gritsar, Sep 19, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    In recent days I've asked several questions about my turkens and never get any helpful responses.

Does no one own or breed turkens?

Seriously! I can't be the only one in love with their unique beauty and wonderful personalities.

2. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    I used to have one, but then I couldn't keep her, but I do know some people that own them. I love them! Their ugly is only on the outside and makes you appreciate their inner beauty more. [​IMG] That's what they say.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Doesn't Nava have them?

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Hi grit, I have owned Turkens. I ordered 5 in April SR... All roosters. [​IMG] I am looking for hens.

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I had a few. But I got rid of them for my lav Ameraucanas. I do have a frizzled NN rooster though. [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have one! Her name is Pot Pie because that is about how big she is. She weighs 10 ounces, and goes broody more than any silkie I have ever met.

7. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Oh what rare bad luck. I ordered 4 pullets, but one turned out to be a roo. He's a butthead right now, suffering from testosterone poisoning, but I'm hoping he'll settle down.
    Mine are from Ideal and the pullets are beautiful. So is the roo, from the neck down. [​IMG] Only 14 weeks old and he already has long beautiful iridescent green tailfeathers.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Yours must be a banty. Mine are more than 10 ounces already I'm sure. They're standards.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Yours must be a banty. Mine are more than 10 ounces already I'm sure. They're standards.

She has to be some kind of mutant turken. She is one of the original 6 we got when we started with chickens.

10. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I have a "sizzle" naked neck named Dolly and a showgirl X d'uccle one named Woo.

What kind of question did you have or is it about the big "real" turkens?

Woo ( It is hard to see her nakedness - she scruched her neck down):

[​IMG]

Dolly:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by