does she look ready to you?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sdshoars, Oct 15, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    these are my first pullets, and i think this one is near ready to lay. she is 18 weeks, SLW. i cant wait for an egg!!!
    [​IMG]

2. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine had red combs and wattles for a month or so before they laid.
    In fact I just go my first egg and she is 24 weeks old. Is she squatting for you, when you touch her back?

3. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    she kind of does, but before she gets all the way down she decides against it. i know she isnt going to lay within the week or anything, i was just wondering if she looked anything like your guy's did before they started. thanks!

4. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I have the sister ofyour hen and she justlaied her first egg 2 days ago, I think your hen is ready just be patient.
    Good Luck.
    omran

5. windtryst

windtryst Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Is that snow in the photo????

6. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    yeah, thats snow, it snowed last saturday the 11th!!! isnt that nuts! i live in the mountains of nv, this will be my first full winter here, and thats the earliest snow i have ever seen!!!

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    She doesn't look quite ready to me yet. My last to start laying was 27 weeks, the first was 17 weeks. They both had very red combs and wattles and started squatting about a week or so before they started to lay. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by