Does she need a trim?? My silkie??

jenni22776rn

Songster
8 Years
Mar 6, 2011
Central Maine
81782_084.jpg

This is Miss Annebell..she about 5-6 months old and is ..how do I put it.....funny!
tongue.png
She is cute and a little crazy but I am afraid she can not see..her crest is really big and she seems as though she is having a hard time seeing things..she finds her food bowl and will walk around ok..but tonight I noticed that when I gave her a treat ..she pecked under the food..almost like she had some depth perception issues..I was gonna trim her up so she can see more...does everyone trim silkies? I watched her for a while and she found her ramp.her water dish and her food..but she always has her head down closer to the ground..maye I am just being too concerned??
81782_080.jpg

If you aren't planning to show her or anything I can't see the harm in giving her a little trim, or maybe an ouchless elastic used to make a pony tail for her crest? Our white silkies are starting to get mega crests too and I plan to trim them.

Not to sound stupid...but how short can they be trimmed? Sorry I am used to dog grooming and hair cutting but I have never trimmed a silkies feathers before! Her crest looks like a gaint baseball on her head...she is fun to watch because when she is walking her crest flops around!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom