does sulmet affect egg laying?

jeannieo

Songster
11 Years
Oct 25, 2008
Collinsville, CT
I just finished with the five days of sulmet on Thursday. I've only had one egg since then! I know I have to discard for two weeks so I'm sort of glad there's only been one because it's gonna KILL me to discard eggs. I scrambled the one and put it in the dogs food and they loved it!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
Also, how come it's all right to give the eggs to the dogs but we can't eat them? probably a dumb question and I don't think I would want to eat them with the vestiges of sulmet but I was just wondering.
hu.gif

Quote:
I swear I tried to answered this question earlier??? I must have posted it on another thread. Some one's gonna be very confused.

I did a google search and couldn't find anything indicating that egg production dropped with sulmet. There was some anecdotal evidence saying just the opposite. Production can drop from the illness itself. Hope your chickens are well now!

I don't know why dogs can eat medicated eggs and people cannot. Probably mostly because the danger is almost non existent, and dogs are not people.

Imp- And dogs eat poop. What's a little sulmet?
roll.png

"And dogs eat poop. What's a little sulmet?"

well that is very true. I guess they're all just having some down time, we all need some down time now and then! Like I said, do not want to discard eggs but I know I must. thanks for your answer!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom