Does this count as a white throat patch?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by casportpony, Mar 8, 2013.

1. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Yep

3. pedda munnangi

pedda munnangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2012
    Yes , I think it is a throat patch. but a very small one. Some times peafowl with white eye gene. throw a small white patch like this.. My 4 years old purple white eye male has white flights and a small white throat patch like this, even smaller than this.That is my observation atleast.

4. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Okay...

Green has a smaller one.
    [​IMG]

And Orange has the smallest, it's maybe one or two feathers.
    [​IMG]

All three of the girls also have white flights, FWIW.

5. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    Casport,
    What do you use for bedding in your pens? Your peas feet look like they have never seen ground they are soo clean! Wish mine were that clean, mine are covered in mud LOL

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Hardwood floors...[​IMG] Just kidding, they free range, but spend most of their time close to the house where it's dry. Here's a picture of Red (also has a little white spot and white flights), he lives on a dirt floor with his turkey mama and you can see his feet are a *little* dirtier. We haven't had much rain, so I think that's why they look so clean.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  7. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    This is where all but Red have spent the last couple of days.

[​IMG]

8. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    The mud and snow is just so bad here that all my boys" tails are getting broken. My charcoal male's train is soo ruined. I think I will have to pluck one train feather at a time and hope they grow back in time for breeding. His train is basically broken in half and only has eyes on the smaller train feathers. When he displays it's only like a foot and a half and all broken [​IMG] His is the worse. The best train is my BS and IB. The whites aren't white and bleach won't help LOL! My silver pied's train is breaking as well [​IMG]

9. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Do you have access to leaves? they work wonders in a pen, I place leaves in my chicken nest area when it is going to rain it helps keep the hens dry and the eggs stay clean.
    [​IMG]

10. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Pine needles, too, they're the best! You are so lucky to have all of those trees?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by