Does this egg contain twin chicks?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Oscarsgravett, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Oscarsgravett

Oscarsgravett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    Its day 10 my eggs have been in incubation for and i candled them tonight. I came across one of my eggs and noticed two dark spots developing in the egg both with movement. It may be me just being silly but i thought their might be twin chicks inside as i have heard of this before.
    Do you think there is possibly two chicks inside or is it one?

P.s i know its a bit porous the shell but its developing so well i kept it in the incubator

Here it is: can you see the two blobs?

[​IMG]

2. StephensonC

StephensonC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2014
    Richmond, Va
    Does it look similar to this? It shows mine at day 10.

3. Oscarsgravett

Oscarsgravett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    Wow yes it does look very much alike yours. I thought it was just my imagination. I thought it was a double yolker when i candled them before putting them in :). Do they require any extra care?

Did yours manage to survive?

4. StephensonC

StephensonC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2014
    Richmond, Va
    Mine were still alive at lockdown, but they never pipped. I guess they ran out of room in the shell and died, which is common for twins. I have heard of a few that have made it, but their chances are slim. You will more than likely have to assist during hatch if they make it that far. The one at the pointy end won't have an air cell to pip into. That's the one you'll need to worry about and will need assistance. Good luck with them!! Hope all goes well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by