Does this guy look like blue partridge?

BlessedFeathers

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 7, 2014
Dickson, TN
I purchased this 8 month old rooster from a lady that said he hatched from a crele silkie rooster crossed with a white showgirl hen. I think he looks like blue partridge. I know he's probably got a mix of genes going on. I'm just wondering if his color will breed true if I cross him to partridge silkie hens. If he is really far off from the standard then I'll just keep him for eye candy 😉 thanks for any input on him!
20220113_134033.jpg

20220113_115029.jpg
20220113_134717.jpg

I purchased this 8 month old rooster from a lady that said he hatched from a crele silkie rooster crossed with a white showgirl hen. I think he looks like blue partridge. I know he's probably got a mix of genes going on. I'm just wondering if his color will breed true if I cross him to partridge silkie hens. If he is really far off from the standard then I'll just keep him for eye candy 😉 thanks for any input on him!
View attachment 2959521
View attachment 2959523View attachment 2959526
Possibly, it looks more like blue with leakage though. Partridge usually has some almost penciling type pattern on the wings. I can’t really see this on your bird.
Also blue Partridge usually has a lot more gold on the chest. Basically they look just like a regular Partridge but have blue in place of black. He is beautiful.😊

He certainly looks blue partridge. I think the lack of gold in the chest is due to a lack of feathers in the lower neck/upper chest owed to his being heterozygous for naked neck.

Back
Top Bottom