Does this look like bumblefoot?

SCOUT123

Songster
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
San Jose, CA

I put some some Betadine on her foot and sent her back outside, but I didn't wrap it. What should I do if it is bumblefoot?

it looks like a scab with something protruding from it. Did you try a gentle squeeze to see if anything comes out?
what does the top of the foot look like? Any swelling/redness? how does she walk? any limp, is she favoring that foot?

Hard to tell at this juncture, that's why poultry parent said "sort of". I am also in agreement with that.

it looks like a scab with something protruding from it. Did you try a gentle squeeze to see if anything comes out?
what does the top of the foot look like? Any swelling/redness? how does she walk? any limp, is she favoring that foot?

Hard to tell at this juncture, that's why poultry parent said "sort of". I am also in agreement with that.
The top of the foot looks perfectly normal and there's no swelling. She doesn't limp at all. She's not favoring that foot; however, for the past two days or so she's been lifting that foot and using her beak to "check" on it (maybe once or twice a day in the past two days)
Today when she was running towards me she sort of galloped over, which is what led me to inspect her foot. She walks perfectly fine, though, and she only did that once today. But I have another hen that did the galloping-running thing about 2 weeks ago but walked fine. In the evening hours that hen reverted back to her old running style (thankfully). From my pov, it just looks like the old skin at the foot pad is flaking away. I didn't squeeze it though.

Back
Top Bottom