Does this look like Coccidia?

esme13

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 22, 2014
New York
The batch of chicks are 3 weeks old. Only one seems to be a little sluggish and has very liquid/water poop. I haven’t dealt with coccidia, but if this is. I need to treat them all and what would be the best product for it? There was some very tiny specks of blood yesterday as well. She’s eating and drinking.

Attachments

• 6F42EBAE-9432-440A-BFE6-EF12A289B67D.jpeg
    6F42EBAE-9432-440A-BFE6-EF12A289B67D.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 26
Get your chick started on Corid 9.6% liquid solution. Dosage is 9.5ml per gallon of water for 5 days. Make it fresh daily. Ensure waterers and feeders are feces free.

Get your chick started on Corid 9.6% liquid solution. Dosage is 9.5ml per gallon of water for 5 days. Make it fresh daily. Ensure waterers and feeders are feces free.
Thank you! I will add it to their water and hopefully the others don’t have the same symptoms 🤞 the other 9 are all pooping very normal, as of now. Hoping to keep it that way.The one thing I am noticing is she seems to be eating shavings. And I really hope that’s not the problem.

Thank you! I will add it to their water and hopefully the others don’t have the same symptoms 🤞 the other 9 are all pooping very normal, as of now. Hoping to keep it that way.The one thing I am noticing is she seems to be eating shavings. And I really hope that’s not the problem.
Eating shavings can be a big problem. I quit using it as litter.

Eating shavings can be a big problem. I quit using it as litter.
What do you recommend for litter? I have 10 in this batch with a silkie. Everyone else seems to be doing very well, including the fecal matter. I have them in my living room for monitoring and enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom