Does this look ok? Candeling day 1,2 and 3

kaylaob

Hatching
Jan 9, 2018
Hi so I took some pictures of my eggs being candled. Could you tell me if they are looking good. Is the air sack to big or perfect. picture with 2 eggs in the one on the left was day 1 then egg on right is day 2 then egg alone is day 3. Yes I know candeling them everyday is bad I am aware. I'm keeping a journal and documenting everything. I will be checking then often. I'm real carful so please no rude comments

Attachments

• IMG_9879.JPG
    IMG_9879.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9896.JPG
    IMG_9896.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 21
Candling every day isn't actually bad. It won't hurt the eggs. It is, however, a bit early at this point to see development and tell if the air cells are on track, etc. You'll start to see more at around day five or seven.

In white eggs, with a good candler, you can sometimes see growth on day three, but it's pretty faint:

Better to wait until day five at least before you expect to see anything for sure.

The air cell does look a little large on that last egg though, were these eggs shipped? Do you know how long before you set them they were laid?

Candling every day isn't actually bad. It won't hurt the eggs. It is, however, a bit early at this point to see development and tell if the air cells are on track, etc. You'll start to see more at around day five or seven.

In white eggs, with a good candler, you can sometimes see growth on day three, but it's pretty faint:

Better to wait until day five at least before you expect to see anything for sure.
Thank you!

The air cell does look a little large on that last egg though, were these eggs shipped? Do you know how long before you set them they were laid?
They were about 7 days old

Check all the air cells next time around. Candle from the fat end of egg. That one egg with huge air cell is probably an oddball, very old egg you just found in the nest or something. There isn't anyway for the cell to be that large in 7 days. Something doesn't add up.

Back
Top Bottom