does this make any sense?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chkinut, Mar 27, 2012.

1. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    i just received 15 EE eggs in the mail yesterday. they were suppose to be here saturday, but came monday. anyway, 3 were cracked, one of which was leaking so i chunked that one....the other 2 i put wax on and put them in the bator (after resting). but what doesn't make sense to me is...........there were 2 eggs totally demolished. so nasty i didn't even open the bubble wrap surrounding them. i could see the major leakage and the yellow yolks through the bubble wrap. BUT, the box was in perfect shape. how can eggs get smashed and the box looked great?! anyone have this happen before?

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

the box had a sudden drop likely.

If you have store bought yucky eggs - you can simulate by wrapping eggs really well then dropping a showbox with them in it.

3. chkinut

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    wow! how sad, and it amazes me. i really wonder if the PO people really read those boxes when its marked EXTREMELY FRAGILE all over the box? i'm sure some PO people are awesome, but i know there are some who could care less. sad. [​IMG]

4. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

all it had to do was fall from a stack- or used as a soccer ball.

5. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thinking some of them can't read. mine were pretty jostled even with an awesome pack job. That's why even the best egg dealers have a disclaimer. Sorry for your loss

6. chkinut

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    thanks to the both of you for helping out. well, at least she sent 3 extra! i had ordered 12, and i've got 12 in the bator, so that's good! although 2 are cracked. but i hatched a duck egg last year that was cracked, so you never know!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by