Does this Silver Phoenix Banty Hen look show quality?

Discussion in 'Exhibition, Genetics, & Breeding to the Standard o' started by Arztwolf, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Arztwolf

Arztwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    SW Texas
    I got this little hen as an adult from a feed store that a breeder every so often takes some of his birds to. She had been dropped off less then 30 minutes before I bought her (she came with a Roo, but I have too many already and don't need another).

From her behavior it is apparent that she has spent alot of time in small cages and had never seen a perch before (looked at one in puzzlement). She is also not fazed by strange sights and smells (car engines, dogs, cats, loud noises, etc.). I opened a garbage bag with her perched on my shoulder and she didn't even blink. So I think she has led an active life doing something, just not sure what.

Here are the best pics of her that I could get.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm not really a Phoenix person, but a quick search shows they're supposed to have white earlobes and a longer, lower body shape with a longer tail. This little girl is fairly upright, more of a game or leghorn look IMO.

3. Arztwolf

Arztwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2014
    SW Texas
    Could she be a Dutch Bantam?

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    they also have white earlobes and a longer shape to the body, from what I see on Feathersite.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by