1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does this sound like a rooster name or hen name???

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by happyhens44, Jan 24, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Does "Red Robin" sound like a roo or hen name. I think its really cute, And I hatched some chicks, My cousin wanted me to name one Red Robin Should it be a Roo's name or hens. ???

2. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I have a Robin... she's a she [​IMG] So, Red Robin reminds me of a girly name. Actually my Robin looks a lot like your avatar!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  3. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    I think it would be okay either way

I have a hen named Chuck and one named Cabo. A friend has a rooster named Marilyn.

4. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I have a Robin... she's a she So, Red Robin reminds me of a girly name. Actually my Robin looks a lot like your avatar!

Her name is Chip because when she was a baby she looked like a chipmuck. [​IMG]

I think it would be okay either way

I have a hen named Chuck and one named Cabo. A friend has a rooster named Marilyn.

I hatched a 2 white chicks and a white one with a black design, And a red'ish one. I think the red'ish just gives me a roo'ish feeling, And I though red robin would be cute on him. But My mom says red robin sounds like a girl. so I just wanted some oppinions so my rooster doesnt sound like a hen [​IMG]

5. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Quote:Actually I have a rooster named Sunny (for his bright color) - that's one that could go either way too... Sorry little off topic [​IMG] Honestly, it's whatever you like. Have fun naming!!

6. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Quote:Actually I have a rooster named Sunny (for his bright color) - that's one that could go either way too... Sorry little off topic [​IMG] Honestly, it's whatever you like. Have fun naming!!

Thanks! [​IMG]

7. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Oh And I though it would be cute on a roo so
    When he makes me mad I could say to him " RED ROBIN....... YUMMMMMM" you would get it, if you have ever saw the Red Robin Commerial [​IMG]

8. MustLoveHens

MustLoveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Albion, Wisconsin
    Red Robin is kinda rooster-ish to me. I agree that it would be a cute roo name.

9. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    Oh And I though it would be cute on a roo so
    When he makes me mad I could say to him " RED ROBIN....... YUMMMMMM" you would get it, if you have ever saw the Red Robin Commerial

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

glad you caught that [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by