Does this sound like a rooster to you?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by RockerMullet, Jul 20, 2011.

1. RockerMullet

RockerMullet New Egg

Jul 6, 2011
    My 5 month White Sultan has started to crow in the morning for the past week. IT crows from 630 to 9 loud enough to where my neighbors have started to complain.

I'm not allowed to have roosters in my city so any advice would be greatly appreciated [​IMG]

2. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Yep. You got yourself a boy there!

Oh, did you want to know what you should do about him? Umm, maybe try to sell him on craigslist or a local swap or something?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  3. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    I was just about to post about my Sultan boy crowing. Only it's nothing like yours! He just started crowing this week...he stands up very tall, flaps his wings, stretches out his neck and....TWEET! I swear it's just a tweet. It's really kinda pathetic, but I told him it's magnificent.

I have five Sultans, half boys, half girls, which means there is one we aren't sure about yet.

(We live in the country, have a Silkie and a Cochin roo, who are much more proficient at crowing, especially the Silkie.)

[​IMG]

deb g

4. babigyrl22

babigyrl22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Caledonia
    oh yeah....that sounded like a little boy.

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Yep, definitely a boy, and it's going to get louder as he gets more practice.

As to what to do, Craigslist would be a good start, or see if anyone locally who CAN have roosters wants him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by