1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

does this sound ok, for my chickens.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by happyhens44, Jan 16, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I have 2 broodies, so now i have to have a different eating and drinking plan. I have the hanging feeder in the coop, Then out back, I open up the run area thing. and then I open up the front door of the coop and outside in the front is where I put the water. and I sprinkle some mash out there. Ive reconized when I open up all this area for them to run when I go to feed them its better for the broodies so they dont get beat on by the flock.
    I like the water outside because then they dont get their hay in the coop all wet [​IMG]

Just though i would share this, Does it sound like a good idea i had?

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Whatever works for you and your flock is great!

3. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:My chickens freerange, so if one goes broody, she usually just disappears. They tend to come out once a day, around midday, to eat and drink, for about 15 minutes, and it's up to them to find the buried scratch.

Unless you have a dedicated area for them, there's no way that you can give them separate feed and water, which the other chickens will leave alone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by