Does TSC have a minimum...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Magic Birdie, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    ... On the number of chicks you get?

Just wondering, pretty much. Actually, sort of planning for the maybe chickies

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    In my area new York the min is 6 or more

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apparently, it depends on local law and up to each store as to fulfilling those local laws.

4. TexasAggieOfc

TexasAggieOfc Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2010
    Lincoln, NE
    Don't believe there's a State Law in Texas regarding it, but our TSCs around here have a 6 chick and 4 duck minimum. Atwood's has no minimums that I'm aware of (and can attest to that as I bought a signle replacement gosling last Spring there)

5. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    Arkansas has a 6 chick minimum. If you planning for 'maybe' chicks, remember that TSC sells straight run, and 1/2 maybe hens, and 1/2 maybe roosters. Have a plan for any extra roosters you get. Not saying you will get 3/3. You might end up with2/4 or any combo. I was lucky. I bought 8 chicks and got 5 hens and 3 roosters with TSC straight run.

6. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Here in PA there are no requirements. Ours were seperated so I bought all pullets and...they were actually all pullets!

7. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    GoldDogsMom
    Today 8:38 amHere in PA there are no requirements. Ours were seperated so I bought all pullets and...they were actually all pullets!

TSC doesn't do that here [​IMG] . We a have a Mom and Pop feed store that will. They get chicks one day a week, but they sell out about 15 minutes after opening. I was there 30 minutes before they opened, and 3rd in line. Around here, feed stores do not sell chicks after April, so it gets crazy.​

8. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Who is TSC? There are a lot of order houses that just have 3 chick or $$'s that set the limit and will sex for .50 each no big deal. Im not trying to hi jack just curious?

9. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    Same in Arkansas. (6+) It's the same at Atwoods. TSC - Tractor Supply Company

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  10. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Here in Indiana it's 6.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by