1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does your family make fun of your chickens?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheSpiceGirls, Nov 4, 2011.

1. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I've just about had it with my family. I'm sick and tired of them making fun of my chickens. But in the very same breath out of their mouth, "Did you bring me some fresh eggs?"

I'm just so destroyed right now. I'm tired of defending them. I've tried to win my family over with fresh eggs and a fun blog with photos. But it turns out that none of them read the blog and it appears the only reason for wanting eggs, is so they don't have to go buy them themselves.

Well, I'm done. No more blog. No more free eggs. No more nothing.

My hens are family pets and we love them. The neighbor kids love them and that's that.

2. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

That's aweful!! My family doesn't reaslly make fun of people... Were just happy to be healthy and together.. We draw on each others stregths.. Isn't that what family is for?
    No more free eggs for them!! [​IMG]

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    My family would never DARE to make fun of my chickens or anything else I have. Making fun of my chickens or anything I do is making fun of me and I will not tolerate such treatment. I think your best bet is to ignore them. Do not respond or react in any way and just walk away when they start in.

4. TheSpiceGirls

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Quote:Thank you. I'm so hurt by their actions. The tough part is as we go into the holiday season. I'm EXPECTED to attend. But I think I'm out this year. I was feeling very guilty about that but they are making this decision easier and easier on me.

5. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:Yes, from my mother and I'm sick of it! Then she tells me I'm going against the bible feeding my chickens unfertilized eggs and says it's cannibalism. Yet, they expect free eggs for my dad. My mom refuses to eat them because they are not pasturized. Then she tells me in order for my chickens to lay, they need a rooster. My mom continues to give me the craziest chicken advice and she can't stand them. She doesn't understand how anyone can consider them as a pet.

In all honesty I can never do anything right in my mothers eyes, so I don't really care what she thinks. I love my chickens to pieces!

6. TheSpiceGirls

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Quote:Yes, from my mother and I'm sick of it! Then she tells me I'm going against the bible feeding my chickens unfertilized eggs and says it's cannibalism. Yet, they expect free eggs for my dad. My mom refuses to eat them because they are not pasturized. Then she tells me in order for my chickens to lay, they need a rooster. My mom continues to give me the craziest chicken advice and she can't stand them. She doesn't understand how anyone can consider them as a pet.

In all honesty I can never do anything right in my mothers eyes, so I don't really care what she thinks. I love my chickens to pieces!

OMG, are you my identical twin and we share the same mother?

7. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN

OMG, are you my identical twin and we share the same mother?

[​IMG] You never know....

8. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    I find people who make fun of others are jealous and want the person to feel stupid and I will not tolerate it. I would stop giving eggs to them, and I would let them know it's not going to be tolerated any longer. People do not have to be treated this way, it's wrong and it makes you feel sad. Sending you both (((((((( hugs))))))))

9. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Love me, love my chickens. [​IMG]

10. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Nobody's ever made fun of our chickens, though we do get a lot of requests for eggs. I don't see how anyone can NOT like chickens - they're hilarious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by