Does your farm have a name?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by fogbubble, Dec 29, 2009.

1. fogbubble

fogbubble Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2009
    Western NC
    Hi
    I'm wondering what other folks call their farm. I'm naming mine Harlequin Creek because we have Welsh Harlequin ducks and a creek, and also after a place I fondly remember in Washington state. What are your farm names, and why did you choose them? Just curious!
    Shannon:)

2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    HarlansHollowfarms.....

Harlan is our last name, we use to live in a hollow in the great state of Kentucky, and of couse, farms for the critters and garden.

We now live on top of a hill overlooking the Yellowstone valley in Montana, people look at us kind of funny becuse of the name, but we chose not to change it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not a hollow now [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  3. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Here is our name.
    A friend of ours made this sign for us, which we will be hanging as soon as we build the structure for it.
    [​IMG]

4. fogbubble

fogbubble Out Of The Brooder

Dec 9, 2009
    Western NC
    No, not a hollow, but oh-so beautiful! Love the red tri-colored dog in the last photo. An Aussie?

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Camelot Farm...Unique Poultry Realm.

My husband and I met in a college class on Arthurian Legend, thus...Camelot [​IMG]

6. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Yes, an Aussie. We also raise Australian Shepherds, check out the link t the websitebelow!

7. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    Our ranch is called "Dragonfly Ranch". Came to me one day right after we moved in. Was riding around on the lawn mower with Dragonflies all around, both of us are born in the year of the Dragon, we Fly fish and I have collected special Dragon figurines for years. So it just seemed right. Plus Dragonflies are really interesting, so many varieties and really a lot of fun to watch.

Sandee

P.S. HarlansHollow Farms - your place is beautiful and what a view. We see Mt. Shasta and Lassen from our house and it so peaceful to look out the windows and see them all in their glory.

8. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:What a cool name, and an interesting history!

9. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Blue Ridge Farm/Stables (depends on my mood that day) [​IMG] We moved out to New Tripoli PA 4 years ago, and we live, get this, at the base of the Blue Mountains [​IMG]

Here's a pic that I already had downloaded... My colt from this year being nosey - but you can see the mountains in the background. We have a 360 degree view of them!
    [​IMG]

10. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Kritters Korner. Named after a favorite horse of my moms.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by