Doesn't anybody have Chocolate & White or Chocolate Pied Muscovy eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by charlindabob, Mar 15, 2009.

1. charlindabob

charlindabob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    Hi everyone, It appears that I always want something that no one has! I am looking for 6-12 fertile eggs from Chocolate/White or chocolate pied Muscovies. Not interested in other colors. Also am in interested in some eggs from the exhibition size Embden goose. It seems that I might as well ask for the goose that laid the golden egg...lol. Either I don't have my ducks in a row or my goose is cooked !!.. .Bob

2. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Funny thing about muscovies is they will throw various colors. My blue/white hen had chocolates, blues and black/ whites.
    My chocolate/white hen is laying right now but cannot guarantee the color of offspring.. The male is black...

3. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I've got chocolates and they just started laying, where are you?

4. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

LOL!! good luck - I am looking for some also. If anyone has any PLEASE pm me. I have blue and lavendar and that is the only colors that they throw. My friend is the one wanting chocolates.

5. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:yours are laying?? mine aren't yet..
    of course you are way south of me.[​IMG] much warmer climate..[​IMG]

I just turned my young trio outside yesterday.. now the old drake is too busy showing his dominance to do his real job.[​IMG]

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I mean just starting, 2 eggs yesterday, its going to be 50+ [​IMG] on tue, got a goose egg yesterday too. [​IMG]

7. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    My muscovy hen has 6 eggs in her nest hidden behind a crate in chicken barn. I think I will let her hatch them out..
    And my chinese geese have been laying for a three weeks now..They hide their eggs and cover them up with bedding... But I found some and put in the bator [​IMG]

8. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    Quote:well you got me on the duck eggs, but I got 3 goose eggs already..[​IMG]

I suspect the only goose who has not selected a boyfriend yet is the one though..

I also suspect another one is laying under the deck.. I will have to check tomorrow,, yuck.
    hands and knees and it is muddy and poopy under there..
    I wish my kids hadn't all left the nest..[​IMG]

9. Buck Creek Chickens

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Why if they don't hide them, they lay them in the muddiest, poopiest, sloppiest spot they can find, you end up with a mud bath. [​IMG]

10. charlindabob

charlindabob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    I am in central Florida and my Mandarins have been laying for two weeks now. I am looking for eggs from chocolate/white Muscovies, chocolate pied.............Bob

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by