Dog Attack; Glue Coming Off?

Chippychick123

In the Brooder
Feb 27, 2018
Recently my 7 months old hen was attacked by a dog and we took her to the vet and they patched her open wounds with surgical glue but as I've checked up on the wound the glue seems to have come off and the wound is open again is this a big concern or should I continue to treat her with antibiotics as prescribed and continue with the healing process as normal?

That doesn't sound too good. I've glued my own cuts with superglue before, but I don't want to recommend anything.

I know a pro will come along very soon and help!

I think you should call your vet and ask. Not having seen the injuries or knowing what the vet saw that made them decide to close them up makes it very difficult to answer that question.

Photos would be helpful. I've used superglue on chickens before to close up after crop surgery and it works well but it depends on the location and how much pressure is on the site. Chicken injuries heal remarkably well even when there are large chunks of skin missing, so closing it up may not be necessary. Keeping it clean and moist will be important to prevent infection and aid healing, so a lot can depend on the location as to how best to deal with it.... hence photos.

Contact ur vet and ask what to do. Spray blue kote so it doesn’t get infected in the meantime. I have used superglue before and it always comes out in like less then a week. Pics would be helpful to see how bad this wound is

Back
Top Bottom