Dog attack! Help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Daddas1Punkin, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    We moved Friday and didn't have a chance to go over and bring the chickens. Yesterday we go back to our old house to find feathers ALL OVER. No blood, but feathers, and two missing chickens. :( Later we came back and they were by the coop. A stupid dog almost bit my Mitzi's tail off! It looked so bad, we cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide, and covered it. then later we cleaned it with iodine, like the vet said, then covered it again with gauze and baby pants.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    What else can we do? Thanks!

2. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Can't think of anything else you could, you seem to have it covered. I am so sorry that happened. Advice -don't mention what kind of dog did it or this forum will explode!! LOL Make sure you keep it clean and if you want you can give her vitamins in her water for extra energy. Gorgeous Bird!

3. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Thanks! (Oh, you mean like "oh that kind of dog wouldn't do a thing like that!" or "Those are the best dogs in the world!"? Like that? Lol) Thank you!

4. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Exactly!

5. LadyofChickRose

LadyofChickRose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    You really can't do anything more than keeping her wounds clean and making sure that she's in a safe and clean enviroment away from the flock untill she heals. Also it's a good idea to keep her warm and give her lots of loving.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  6. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    lol
    Yea, she's not away from the flock, but it's only a flock of 5. Yea, and it's pretty warm here, also I cuddle her all the time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by