Dog attack. Need help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Hannahsixx000, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Hannahsixx000

Hannahsixx000 New Egg

Sep 5, 2015
    Salina kansas
    One of our favorite girls Paula dean has been attacked by 2 of our dogs. The kids let the aggressive one out and I didn't know it. They got ahold of her and had her cornered when I found her. She's having trouble walking right and she had some open wounds. I've sprayed them all with vetericyn and cleaned her up the best I could. I've got her drinking water but she won't eat. We had another hen attacked a month ago with a large open wound and she's back to normal but this time her having a hard time walking is worrying me. Is there any additional things I can do to ensure she makes it. I know most people would just cull their chicken under these circumstances but our chickens r our pets and we love them all very much so this is heartbreaking any advice would be much appreciated. Thank u

2. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

Put neosporin on the wounds and bandage them. Get the chickens some electrolytes in their water and tempt them with tuna, scrambled eggs, and hard boiled eggs. I do hope your chickens get better soon!!

3. Hannahsixx000

Hannahsixx000 New Egg

Sep 5, 2015
    Salina kansas
    I have her separated n a kennel n the house now and I just checked on her and she layed an egg with no shell..... It's completely soft.... Could this be due to the stress

4. LeafBlade12345

LeafBlade12345 Chillin' With My Peeps

Possibly. I would give her some grit, ground up oyster shells, and some water with electrolytes as well as tuna and scrambled or hard boiled eggs. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by